Investment Projects

Construction of an ammophos production plant in Karatau

  • Indicator Results
  • Investment amount, thousand US dollars 36 050
  • NPV of the Project thousand, US dollars 11 526
  • IRR, % 29,2%
  • EBITDA yield, %
  • Payback period, years 5,48
  • Discounted payback period, years - - 7,85


Upon reaching full design capacity in 2027, annual sales volumes will be as follows: • MAP (ammophos) – 150,000 tonnes. The company plans to export 80% of the output to Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Iran, and EU countries, and sell the remaining 20% in the domestic market.


This investment project involves the construction of a plant for the production of ammophos, a mineral fertilizer (monoammonium phosphate or MAP) on a land plot of 20 hectares located in the TarazIndustrial Zone, Talass subzone, near the city of Karatau in Zhambyl Oblast.


AsiaChem LLP was founded in 2021 to implement this Project. The founder of the Company has more than 10 years of experience in the agricultural fertilizer industry.


  • According to Technavio, the global fertilizer market was worth USD 162 billion in 2022, up 11% from 2021. The figure is expected to reach USD 237 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 7.9%.
  • In 2022, the regions leading in the consumption of mineral fertilizers for growing agricultural crops are North Kazakhstan (37.7 thousand tonnes), Turkestan (20.7 thousand tonnes) and Akmola (16.7 thousand tonnes) oblasts. The lowest figure was reported by Atyrau (23.7 tonnes) and Mangystau (9.8 tonnes) oblasts.
  • In 2022, domestic nitrogen fertiliser consumption in Kazakhstan amounted to 767 thousand tonnes, and phosphorus fertiliser - 134 thousand tonnes.
  • According to the World Bank, in 2021, the area of tillable land in Kazakhstan per resident was 1.56 hectares, which is 28% higher than in Australia (1.22 ha) and 1.8 times as much as in Russia (0.85)
What is the attractiveness of the project?

  • Availability of own raw material base. Raw materials for production will be supplied by Tau Minerals Qazaqstan LLP, which currently has licenses (for 6 years) for exploration of solid minerals within licensed territories in the Talas district of Zhambyl Oblast (Maly Karatau phosphorite basin). Having the own raw material base will reduce production costs.
  • Favorable location and sales experience. Project implementation in the TarazIndustrial Zone, Zhambyl Oblast, will make it possible to use the infrastructure necessary for production (roads and logistics, gas, water, electricity). The Project location will provide access to a large regional market where crop production has historically been developed (gross output in 2022: USD 789 million). In addition, the Company's founders have a deep understanding of the agricultural fertilizer market arising from extensive experience in the field of fertilizer distribution, which will ensure effective sales of the products.
Investment proposal

The Project requires investment of 36,050 thousand USD (at the rate of 449.2 tenge), of which:

  • 70% (25,235 thousand USD) – debt financing subject to collateral;
  • 30% (10,815 thousand USD) – investor participation.

The proposed financing structure and state support measures are indicative. The final financing structure and Project interests will be determined based on the results of negotiations with the investor.

Return back
Install the application:
1) Open the website in Safari
2) Click save
3) Add to home screen