The company plans to process 45.8 thousand cubic meters. m of oil waste per year when reaching full design capacity. The company intends to occupy at least 30% of the domestic market for the processing of oily waste and heavy oil feedstock.
The project provides for the processing and improvement of the quality of complex crude oil using a single centrifugal technology. The Project will provide services for the processing of hazardous wastes such as oil and oil product sludge, drill cuttings and other oil processing wastes. At the moment, the Company has manufactured an industrial unit and achieved a deep recovery of oil into a commercial form - more than 98% of its potential.
CT Solutions LLP has been operating in the oil sector since 2004. The company is a member of the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) Alatau Innovation Technology Park. Today, the Company processes oil waste, obtaining commercial oil of the first category, purified water and a solid phase dump. As part of the first order, from October 1, 2021 to October 30, 2022, the Company processed 4,505 cubic meters. m of oil sludge, from which it received refined oil in the amount of 2,110 cubic meters. The company cooperates with the AIFC Green Finance Center and is a member of the National ESG Club.
- According to the estimates of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the total geological oil reserves in the country are about 13.2 billion tons, of which 3.3 billion tons are recoverable reserves.
- During 2021, out of the total volume of oil sludge, 118 thousand tons were processed and reused. In the same year, 208 thousand tons of the total volume of other oil refining wastes were neutralized, processed and reused in the Republic of Kazakhstan. The bulk of the waste was located at the facilities of the Mangistau region (42%), Kyzylorda (26.7 thousand tons or 14%) and West Kazakhstan regions (5 thousand tons or 2%).
- According to the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, bottom sludge (119.4 thousand tons) and sludge from wastewater treatment (31.1 thousand tons) account for the largest share of waste generated from oil refining. Mangistau, Aktobe and Atyrau regions are the main regions of pollution by bottom sludge.
- Positive environmental impact. According to the Ministry of Ecology of the Republic of Kazakhstan, pollution by oil and oil products is observed on an area of more than 1.5 million hectares in the country. The implementation of this Project contributes to a significant improvement in the unfavorable environmental situation in the regions of active oil production.
- Governmental support. On July 1, 2021, a new Environmental Code was adopted in the Republic of Kazakhstan, which establishes more stringent limits on the permissible levels of accumulation and disposal of waste, including oily waste. Thus, the legislative infrastructure has been created to significantly increase the demand for services for the disposal and processing of hazardous waste.
- Experience of the Initiator. Mobile (in containers) equipment is capable of processing oily waste on the territory of a potential customer. In the period from October 1, 2021 to October 30, 2022, as part of the first order, the Company processed 4,505 cubic meters. m of oil sludge, from which received 2,110 cubic meters. m of refined oil. Received a patent of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the invention No. 33883 dated July 25, 2018 for a method for processing oily waste
For the implementation of the Project, financing in the amount of 3,009 thousand US dollars (at the rate of 449.17 tenge) is required, of which:
- 70% (USD 2,106 thousand) - debt financing (subject to collateral);
- from 30% (USD 903 thousand) - investor participation.
The proposed financing structure and state support measures are indicative, the final financing structure and the stake in the Project will be determined based on the results of joint negotiations with the investor.