The production capacity of the plant will be 60,000 cubic meters. m of ion-exchange resin per year, reaching the design capacity is planned in 2027.
Within the framework of the Project, it is planned to export products to Iran, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Russia and Ukraine.
The project provides for the construction of a plant for the production of ion-exchange resin in the city of Shymkent on the territory of the special economic zone "Ontustik" ("SEZ"). Ion exchange resins are solid insoluble substances capable of exchanging their ions for ions from the surrounding solution. The products have a wide range of applications in the nuclear, biopharmaceutical, food, hydrometallurgical and petrochemical industries.
Kazkhimprom REAGENT LLP is an enterprise created for the implementation of this Project.
- Ability to export products to neighboring countries. The use of high-quality equipment and raw materials will increase production capacity, as well as expand the geography of product sales. The membership of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the EAEU allows you to freely export products to the markets of neighboring states.
- Lack of similar production facilities in Kazakhstan. The absence of direct competitors in the market will provide an opportunity to take a significant market share by implementing an import substitution strategy. The construction of a plant for the production of ion-exchange resin will allow the production of various types of resins, using an individual approach to each consumer, his technical specifications and requirements.
- Advantages of SEZ. Since the Company is a SEZ participant, it is possible to receive benefits for CIT, property tax, land tax, payment for the right to use land within the framework of the Project. Also, SEZ participants have at their disposal a simplified procedure for attracting foreign specialists, a special customs and tax regime, as well as the possibility of full support of the Project on the principle of "one window".
- Advantages when participating in government tenders. The certificate of the domestic manufacturer ST-KZ allows you to get advantages over other participants in government tenders.
To implement the Project, funding in the amount of USD 30,000 thousand will be required, including:
- 70% (USD 21,000 thousand) - debt financing (subject to collateral);
- from 30% (USD 7,000 thousand) - investor participation.