Askar Mamin holds negotiations on expanding trade and economic cooperation with Tajikistan
The Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan Askar Mamin paid an official visit to the Republic of Tajikistan.
During the visit, the head of the Kazakh Government was received by the President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon. At the meeting, they discussed topical issues of bilateral trade and economic cooperation. Askar Mamin conveyed warm words of welcome on behalf of the First President – Elbasy Nursultan Nazarbayev and the Head of State of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev.
“In Kazakhstan, they warmly recall your participation as an honored guest in the anniversary meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council,” said Askar Mamin.
In addition, intergovernmental negotiations were held on the prospects for expanding mutually beneficial multi-dimensional partnership. For 2018, the volume of bilateral trade between the countries increased by 8.2%. At present, the trade turnover is $900 million. Along with this, the volume of export-import transportation by road between Kazakhstan and Tajikistan has increased by 2.9 times and amounted to 16.9 million tons.
Prime Minister of Tajikistan Kokhir Rasulzoda noted that Kazakhstan is the second partner of Tajikistan in terms of commodity turnover. At the same time, there are great prospects for the formation of Kazakhstan as the main trade partner of Tajikistan. To this end, the governments of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan are working on increasing the volume of mutual trade to $2 billion in the next 3-4 years.
During the talks, the parties confirmed their intention to continue the implementation of the agreements reached on expanding the range and increasing the supply of Kazakhstani products. Attention was paid to the improvement of investment cooperation mechanisms in engineering, agriculture, industrial cooperation, energy, transport and communications.
“We are ready to expand our investment cooperation by creating joint investment projects,” said Askar Mamin.
As part of the official visit of the Prime Minister Askar Mamin to Tajikistan, a number of agreements were signed aimed at strengthening Kazakh-Tajik cooperation, totaling about $80 million:
- Agreement on cooperation between the Eurasian Development Bank, State Enterprise “Rohee Ohani Tochikiston” and KazakhExport JS Exports Insurance Company for $35 million;
- Agreement on cooperation between Agromashholding JSC, RSUE “Tajikselkhozleasing” and KazakhExport JS Exports Insurance Company for $20.7 million;
- Agreement on cooperation between LLC Dusti 2017 and KazakhExport JS Exports Insurance Company for $16 million;
- Framework contract on the supply of Kazakh wheat between Food Contract Corporation JS National Company and the Agency for State Material Reserves under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan for $6 million;
- Contract on the supply of canned products between PALLANT TRADE LLP and Tajero LLC distribution company for $1 million;
- Contract for the supply of 50 Jac brand cars between SaryarkaAvtoProm LLP and Holding Asia Group Tajikistan CJSC for $655 thousand;
- Agreement on cooperation between Food Contract Corporation JS National Company and the Agency for State Material Reserves under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan.