- electricity – 20,520 thousand kWh;
- organic fertilizers – 10 thousand tons.
This investment project (hereinafter referred to as the "Project") involves the construction of a biogas power plant, as well as a plant for the production of organic fertilizers located in the Ili district of the Almaty region.
The initiator is ZOR-Biogas LLP, whose main activity is the treatment and disposal of non-hazardous waste.
- According to IFA, in 2020, the global consumption of fertilizers (nitrogen + phosphorus + potassium) is estimated at 198.2 million tons, which is 7 million tons (5.2%) higher than in 2019.
- In 2020, energy consumption from renewable sources (including biofuels) increased by 9.7%, slower than the average over the past 10 years (13.4% per year).
- Over the past decade, electricity consumption in the Southern zone of Kazakhstan increased by 43%, reaching 23 billion kWh in 2020. At the same time, the volume of electricity production in the region amounted to 12 billion kWh, the average annual growth rate of production is 3.4%.
- Environmental safety. The generation of electricity at a biogas plant significantly reduces the amount of harmful emissions into the environment.
- Demand for manufactured products. In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Support for the use of renewable Energy sources", it is possible for clean energy producers to sell the electricity produced from renewable energy sources in the public network at special tariffs.
- Availability of raw materials. There are 2,122 organizations engaged in agricultural activities in the Almaty region, including three large poultry farms, two beer factories, two pig farms within a radius of 30 km from the electric station.
The Project requires financing in the amount of 13,813 thousand US dollars:
- 70% (USD 9,669 thousand) - debt financing (if collateral is available);
- from 30% (4,144 thousand US dollars) - investor participation.
The proposed financing structure and measures of state support are indicative, the final structure of financing and participation in the Project will be determined based on the results of joint negotiations with the investor.