The Burnoye Solar-1 company ("The Stormy Solar-1") was established in April 2014 and is a joint project of Samruk Kazyna Invest and UGEL for the construction and production of alternative energy sources, in this case solar. Since May 2014, construction of the SES in the Zhambyl region began in a sec. B.Momyshuly (formerly S. Burne) with a capacity of 50 MW.
- Burnoe SES is the largest SES project in Central Asia, as well as an exemplary PPP indicator involving a foreign investor, with the participation of Akimat of the Zhambyl region represented by SEC Taraz and Samruk-Kazyna Invest LLP
- On February 18, 2016, the Stornoe-1 project received an award from the European Business Association of Kazakhstan for the contribution and development of corporate social responsibility;
- May 12, 2016 at the 25th anniversary annual report of the EBRD in London, the project "Stormy - 1" received the highest award in the nomination "Sustainable Development" among 400 projects in the world;
- In the course of the implementation of the project “Burne-1”, new jobs were created, for the construction period - up to 300 people, for the operation period up to 50 people. The same number of jobs created during the project "Stormy - 2"
- In May 2018, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development received an award from EMEA Finance for project financing of the Stornoe-2 project in the category “Best Solar Energy Transaction”