To conduct special activities in Kazakhstan it is necessary to obtain a license.
The following separate activities are subject to be licensed:
2. atomic energy use;
3. toxic turnover;
5. drug, psychotropic substance, precursor trafficking;
6. information security;
7. special equipment for investigation works;
8. turnover of arms, military hardware and particular types of weapons, explosives and its related products;
9. use of outer space;
10. informatization and communication;
14. health service;
15. service of individuals and legal entities;
To obtain a license and license attachment (in case of subtypes of activity) a licensor (competent sectoral authority depending on scope of activity) shall be provided with the following documents:
1) an application;
2) a copy of the Charter (notarized in case of no originals present for verification) for legal entities engaged in:
- activity in the financial sector and activity related to the concentration of financial resources,
- activities related to the turnover of civilian and service weapons and ammunition,
- activities related to the turnover of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and precursors,
- activities related to the implementation of security;
3) certificate of state registration (re-registration) of the legal entity of the applicant – for a legal entity;
4) a copy of ID document – for individual;
5) a copy of the state registration certificate of the applicant as an individual entrepreneur (notarized in case of failure to provide the originals for revise) – for individual entrepreneur;
6) a copy of the document confirming payment of license fee for the right to engage in certain activities, except in cases of payment through a payment gateway of "the electronic government";
7) documents confirming the applicant's compliance with the qualification requirements in cases and order established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
To obtain license attachment in the context of licensed type of activity, the following documents shall be provided:
1) an application;
2) information and documents in accordance with qualifying requirements to activity subtypes;
3) other documents, presentation of which is stipulated by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
E-Licensing State database enables to submit documents required to obtain a license electronically over the Internet through filling registration form over e-Government gateway. See detailed information on web-site www.elicense.kz.
License Issue Date
If a licensor does not issue a license and (or) license attachments to an applicant or fails to provide the reasoned refusal in issuance of the license and (or) license attachment, the license and (or) license attachment shall be considered to be issued from expiry of the issue date. Licensor shall issue the corresponding license and (or) license attachment to the applicant within 5 working days after expiry of the date of issue of the license and (or) license attachment. Otherwise, the license and (or) license attachment is considered to be issued and document confirming the legal licensed activity before obtaining of the license itself is a copy of the list with indication of date when the licensor received the documents.
Working without a license can result in administrative and criminal liability.
Source: Law of RK "About permissions and notifications" № 202-V from May 16, 2014
Contact details of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
Entrance 13, House of Ministries,
Orynbor Street, Left Bank,
Tel: +7 (7172) 74-07-37, + 7 (7172) 74-02-01