KAZAKH INVEST AND ITALIAN COMPANY BIONET SRL SIGNED THE MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Today, a memorandum of understanding was signed between KAZAKH INVEST National Company JSC and Italian company “Bionet SrL”. The Italian part intends to invest €45 mln in bioenergy production in Kazakhstan.
The signing ceremony was attended by Vice-Minister for Investments and Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan Mr. Yerlan Khairov, Deputy Chairman of the Board of KAZAKH INVEST JSC Mr. Nursultan Dzhiyenbaev, Ambassador of Italy to Kazakhstan Mr. Stefano Ravagnan, President of Bionet SrL Mr. Norberto Zanini and Head of Cabinet of the Presidency of Friuli Venezia Giulia Region Mr. Agostino Maio.
According to Mr. Nursultan Zhiyenbaev, the memorandum provides investing for the introduction of innovative equipment for bioenergy production from organic wastes in Kazakhstan. The KAZAKH INVEST National Company will support the initiatives of “Bionet SrL” and promote the creation of favorable conditions for the company’s business in Kazakhstan:
- KAZAKH INVEST is a “one-stop-shop” for solving any issue related to the foreign investor’s business in Kazakhstan. We welcome such innovative projects and will provide comprehensive support and assistance in their implementation” – Mr. N. Zhiyenbaev emphasized.
The project “Bionet SrL” assumes the creation of a plant that can use the energy potential of incoming raw materials by anaerobic fermentation and recovery of biogas from which electricity or biomethane will be obtained:
- The operation of the plant using our technology will allow the utilization of solid waste, turning it into electricity, or into a fertilizer product used in agriculture. Thus, we solve problems in the field of energy conservation and environmental protection, - explained the President of “Bionet SrL” Mr. Norberto Zanini.
The signing of the memorandum took place on the official initiative of Expobetobe Astana within the framework of the weekly presence of the Italian region Friuli Venezia Giulia at the International Exhibition Astana Expo-2017.
From July 30 to August 5, 2017, in the pavilion of Italy, the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region presents its experience in generating energy from natural sources, consistent with the theme of the International Exhibition Astana Expo-2017, Future Energy.
The advanced developments of the region in the field of “green” technologies are represented by such successful projects as:
- Organization of a bi-fuel trigeneration system for a hospital in Udina;
- Thermal networks operating based on geothermal wells in Grado, etc.;
In the coming years, two more projects will be implemented:
- “NeMo” - a project to replace 800 urban vehicles running on gasoline or diesel, electric vehicles and car sharing (cars of general use).
- “Watly” is a futuristic thermodynamic cleaner, charged with solar energy, which is capable of cleaning up to three million liters of polluted water per year from any source and generating electricity isolated from the network, intended for use in third world countries.
In addition to these achievements, this region is famous for its tourist potential and the ancient art of mosaic that has survived to this day. Kazakhstani students who study the basics of applied decorative techniques at the Friuli Venezia Giulia Mosaic School will present their works at the exhibition.